Saturday, September 14, 2013

Mid-Autumn Festival


Mid-Autmn Festival is today! Well.. we're celebrating it early today since I'm off to college next week! After a few trial of mooncake, I finally got the right texture! These mooncakes are soft, but firm enough so they are easy to shape and not rip.
I made 5 kinds of snowskin: Carrot, green tea, milk, custard, and thai tea.. (Listed from the softest skin first) For the thai tea, I mixed store bought thai tea with the milk/condensed milk mixture since it was too sweet. However, the taste was not as fragrant in the mooncake. 

I finally found the mooncake molds! They are a lot tinier than the mooncake mold I had before, but they are much deeper. To have the mold come out perfectly, the skin was about 10-12 grams with the filling at 20-22 grams. (The types of snowskin varied in weight). Ultimately both combined equal to 34 grams. Anything more overfilled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment