Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Baked Buns with Red Bean Filling


Back to the oven, but this time it isn't another chiffon cake. I always loved looking at bakeries, yet I never really buy much from them. Just looking at the texture and designs of the bread makes me feel full.  
So this is probably my 2nd time baking buns. The first time was a hotdog bun, but it din't have the soft texture to it. Later on I found a new recipe that uses Tangzhong. It is basically cooking flour with water until it reaches 65C. 

It makes the bread so much softer, but it is always so hard to work with since it makes the dough sticky. Unlike steaming buns, the the dough barely forms a ball in the kitchen aid mixer. The bread was quite tasty, but I highly recommend using bread flower! Using others like the HK flour doesn't give the bread that nice soft tear-apart like texture.
Bread texture with HK flour
Recipe source:Jessie (bottom) and Christine (top pic)

Water Roux Starter:
20g Flour
100g Water


Main Ingredients:
Water Roux Starter (use all)
250g Bread/High Gluten Flour
150g Milk
1 Egg
30g Caster Sugar
2g Instant Dry Yeast
20g Butter
180g Red Bean Paste(I used store-bought)
Egg Wash






No comments:

Post a Comment