Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Lemon Yogurt Cake


 I always end up with a lot of lemon juice left over when making a Lemon Chiffon Cake, so this time I decided to put it to good use. I found this Lemon Cake recipe online and it is definitely a keeper. I wish I had taken a better picture of it though. The quality does not match how it actually looks like.I ended up with fairly lot of sauce, so I would reduce the sauce down to one lemon instead. The sides are bit no the dry side but the inside is perfectly moist. Next time I'm going to reduce the temperature down to 325F a the last 10min of baking.


Recipe slightly adapted from: Chitchatchomp

1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1 c. plain yogurt (preferably whole milk)
1 c. sugar
3 eggs
zest of two lemons
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. vegetable oil


Lemon Syrup
juice of onelemons
1/3 cup sugar




No comments:

Post a Comment