Monday, September 2, 2013

Early Grey and Matcha Cookies

I just can't get enough of Matcha! Ever since I bought the matcha powder, I have made a matcha chiffon cake, matcha banana smoothie, and now matcha green tea cookies. Yet, I didn't get a picture of them. They were still chilling in the fridge since I left the dough out for too long. 



Compared to the Matcha dough, the Early Grey dough was much easier to work with. I think I added to much liquid into the matcha cookies so they were melting pretty fast by the time I shaped them. The texture of the cookies was very crumbly, much like a melt in your mouth kind of texture. (mostly due to the amount of butter in such a small batch of cookies) 

This was actually my first time using Earl Grey and I have to say, I'm not a big fan of it. It has a really strong taste to it that I am not used to. In addition I actually used salted butter instead and forget to omit the salt so the taste was a bit on the salty side instead. It was apparent in the Matcha flavored one than the Earl Grey. 

Recipe Source: Lou and esi
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour 
  • 1 tablespoons finely ground Earl Grey tea leaves/Matcha 
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt 
  • 1/8 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature 
  • 2 Tbsp confectioners’ sugar 

   



No comments:

Post a Comment