Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Steamed Hot Dog Buns

This is my second attempt at making steamed hot buns and I have to say this time it turned out pretty well! Making the dough was a bit frustrating with the kitchen aid so I ended up kneading it by hand. I made two batches: One with adding baking powder in the beginning, and one afterwards.
The one with baking powder did not rise as quickly, but it puffed up more than the one without. When it came to the second poofing for 10min after the baking powder was put in, it only rose up a bit. I don't think it actually mattered in the end since they all ended up looking the same!
After steaming them they were huge! When wrapping the dough, it doesn't have to be placed so closely together because they'll end up filling up the gaps when it's steamed. My buns ended up sticking together, so when I tried to separate them some bread ended up peeling off :( 


No comments:

Post a Comment