Friday, July 12, 2013

Lychee Chiffon Cake and Coffee Chiffon Cake

I bought a new baby chiffon pan yesterday and I can't wait to put it to work!~ Now that I got the perfect proportions for my cake, I can start exploring different flavors! ^ ^ Maybe later on I can even start decorating too!
Lychee Tea Cake

 This Lychee Tea was incredible moist!~ Mostly because the tea leaves had an additional 20grams of water or so... I ended up adding more tea since the leaves soaked up the water, but in the end I just threw in the tea leaves since I loved the fragrant smell of them! Well, the taste and fragrance was certainly there, but having the tea leaves in each bite wasn't that enjoyable. Next time I'll soak them for a longer time period on omit the leaves or grind them up...
Coffee Cake 

I never made coffee before, so I just threw in the whole powder...
You can see the swirls of coffee in this picture.
 I guess since the moist texture to the cake causes the top layer to basically peel off to whatever it touches, I ended up leaving the cake "upside down" or I guess this is the right way to put it.. The coffee layer didn't swirl as much as I hoped mostly because I took 1/3rd of the batter and added it separately. I just sprinkled the walnuts on top since I'm not a big fan of them. Well the cake had a strong coffee flavor in the swirls..too fragrant that is. My family said that it was like BLACK COFFEE. I thought it was ok...even though I don't have coffee often. Next time I'll just mix the whole coffee with the hot milk and pour it in all together rather than separating the batter.

My hydroponic plant is finally growing!~ 









No comments:

Post a Comment