Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Dark Chocolate Coffee Walnut Chiffon Cake

Another Coffee Cake! This time I actually brewed the coffee instead of adding it in...(since my family didn't like it..but I did though!) The coffee wasn't strong at all since there was so little liquid used compared to amount of coffee brewed. Next time I'll increase it to two TBSP of coffee instead
The dark chocolate overpowered the coffee too, so it ended up tasting like a dark chocolate walnut cake instead. The flavors didn't blend as much as I hoped (probably because I added too much dark chocolate and walnuts) 

The inside of the cake was incredible moist! It would of looked better if it was taken outside in the sunlight, but it was already night time already.. Of course it would be a waste to cook a small 7inch cake in a big oven, so it was another day of Lemon Chiffon Cake. 



     
It rose to the tippy top, but then it deflated back down :c
It was my mama's first time learning how to bake this cake. The taste was amazing as always, but the beautiful mountain peaks came back down in the end. I always have a habit of beating the egg whites until soft peaks because it is just so smooth and glossy! However, soft peaks always means having a tad deflated cake in the end...

No comments:

Post a Comment