Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A Fresh Start

Summer is finally here!~ 


It's time to relax and go on some fun filled adventures. However, the weather and transportation isn't quite how I would like it to be. It's pretty dreadful to go around places in this blazing hot weather without a car.  
Being stuck at home isn't fun either, but ever since I started baking it has become very enjoyable! Especially making chiffon cakes! The cakes are soft and fluffy like clouds. I'm still getting used to perfecting them, but it won't be long until I will start decorating!

Baking a chiffon cake for the first time turned out better than what I expected. The texture was really soft but I didn't quite like the taste of vanilla extract in the cake. Vanilla with eggs didn't really balance well for my taste buds. 

My first Vanilla Chiffon Cake 

I don't remember why...but I guess we ate this cake upside down. The recipe made a small cake (2-3 inches high) yet my pan size was fairly large compared to the cake. 


"Thumbprint" cookies from Joyofbaking.com
There was still a lot of time left in the day, so I made these "thumbprint" cookies. My family wanted to bring them to work, so I omitted the jam so it wouldn't stick to each other. I ended up making three different coatings: peanuts, cashews, and almonds since I was out of walnuts...



They were very soft and crumbly to the bite most likely because of the amount of butter used. It completely contrasts the texture of the garlic bread I made for the first time. The bread was crunchy and a bit chewy right out of the oven. Somewhat like croutons, but softer. One the second day, the bread was delicious. It was much softer and chewier!


























No comments:

Post a Comment