Friday, July 12, 2013

Just another Lemon Chiffon Day :)

It's been a few weeks ever since I started baking chiffon cakes, and oooh I love it oh so very much <3
I probably made around 10 cakes so far since my last post and they're starting to look better! I even bought a mini chiffon pan (about 18cm) so I could make more since my 26cm pan was basically destroying all those eggs in the fridge. It takes about 9 egg whites to fill up that pan! Yet, the cake is always gone within 2 days so I'll say its worth it.

Of course, I can't just eat cakes all day long, so pairing it with some sweet cookie egg tarts just made a perfect lunch. Not to mention the roses from the garden made eating the sweets so much more enjoyable
The textures of these cakes are so amazing. Its even better when there are no cracks!~ The best part of all was that when I flipped it back over non of it stuck to the plate! So unlike most of the chiffon cakes I decided to leave it "up" Er well I never quite knew which way was the right way to display it... But I think it looks perfectly fine this way :)
This one below was just amazing. No cracks at all! Plus it didn't even sink down. Too bad I never got to taste it since I ended up giving this one away :( 
Although I love the look of soft glossy peaks when beating the egg whites, I soon realized that those soft peaks was what made my cakes cave in. The stiff peaks that had a tiny bit of lumps made the cake plump up to a nice dome texture. Yet, it's not as easy to fold them into the batter as the soft peaks...
7/7/13
Ahh..finally the perfect soft pillow like Lemon Chiffon!~ The texture of this cake is amazing! It doesn't have that choking feeling when you bite into it. Its incredibly soft, airy and light. Basically like a pillow! When you press on it, it bounces right back up like a spring too :) 
It has such small holes, and it spring back and forth like that one hand wind piano instrument...
This one is definitely a keeper!
Now that I finally got the poportions for the ingredients right, it's time to explore different flavors :D
Care for a a bite?







No comments:

Post a Comment