Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Sausage and Cheese Loaf

I have tried a few times to make a simple loaf bread and I have to say all the previous attempts never reached the end. The cake was either baked at too high of a temperature or an underbaked middle and overbaked top
This time, the bread turned out pretty well, yet it was a bit on the drier side. I'm not used to making plain loaf bread so I never really assessed how the dough is suppose to be like before putting it in the oven. 
The dough was awful hard to work with. It was sticky and did not form a ball like the dough used in a steamed bun recipe. As a result I ended up adding a half cup more loaf, which I shouldn't of, so the bread ended up being a little dry. There was leftover lap cheung and asian sausage from this morning, so I threw them in the mixture along with a hot dog. We had American cheese in the fridge for a while now, so in it goes!~
For my first time baking a loaf I didn't put that much ingredients inside the loaf. I wish I had put more dough. There was only two pieces of hotdog per slice or even less! At least I know how to make plain bread now. 
After a year, the flowers are finally starting to bloom!~




No comments:

Post a Comment